Believe it or not, breakfast, while it is the most important meal of the day, can sometimes be the toughest to figure out. For example, maybe you're in the mood for an egg, while your husband or partner is in the mood for a cheese and something. It's enough to drive a sane person over the edge.
What can you do in a situation like this? Well, it's about time to look at either your recipe file or the files you've taken off the envelopes you've written them on and put them onto your laptop. What would you think of a Hash-Brown Egg Cup Recipe? It's healthy, gives you all you need to start the day and it only take about 45 minutes from planning to table.
Here's what you will need for the Hash-Brown Egg Cup Recipe:
3/4-cut of cheddar cheese (or 3.02 ounces)
2 cups of shredded hash-browns (from 20.2 oz. Package)
1/4-cup of chopped green onions (4 medium green onions)
1 tsp. of seasoned salt
1/8-tsp. of pepper
1/8-tps. of Italian seasoning
The list of ingredients isn't very long but the results are little short of fantastic. Here's how you put this tasty breakfast together.
Putting It Together
Heat your kitchen oven to 400 degrees
Spray to oven-proof bowls or ramekins with anti-sticking spray
Reserve two tablespoons of cheddar cheese for the toping
Mix the following in a medium bowl
1/4-tsp of seasoned salt
Press mixture into bottom of bowls or ramekins; mixture should be pressed up the sides of the bowl
Make an indentation
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and the mixture is golden brown
Remove the bowls from the oven
Break an egg into the center of each bowl
Sprinkle the remaining ¼-teaspoon of seasoned salt on top of the bowl
Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on the top of the bowl
Sprinkle the two reserved tablespoons of cheese on the top of the bowl
Return the bowls to the oven
Bake a further 8 to 10 minutes or until it is exactly as you want it.
Once you've tried a recipe like this one, you will wonder why you haven't tried home-cooking meals such as your breakfast before. Granted, there's not much time to do so on a busy weekend, but, if we make a special family day of it, things will get better around your home and you will likely be closer to your kids.
Most people believe that cooking fish is for expert restaurant chefs. However, there are plenty of easy fish recipes out there for cooks of all tiers. Tilapia is a particularly popular fish to make, and there are plenty of easy tilapia recipes waiting for people to make them.
Broiled Parmesan Lemon Tilapia
This is a flavorful tilapia recipe that serves four and is ready in about 25 minutes. The ingredients needed are four tilapia fillets, two tablespoons of sazon seasoning, non-stick cooking spray or olive oil, half a cup of grated Parmesan cheese, two tablespoons of butter or margarine, one and one-half tablespoons of mayonnaise, two tablespoons of lemon juice, two tablespoons of grated lemon zest, and one-eighth of a teaspoon of each of the following: dried basil, ground black pepper, celery salt, and onion powder.
1. Turn on the broiler setting on the oven.
2. Line an aluminum baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Spray the sheet with a non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
4. Sprinkle the sazon seasoning over the tilapia fillets and put them on the prepared tray.
5. In a bowl, combine the Parmesan, butter or margarine, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, black pepper, celery salt, and onion powder. Set aside.
6. Broil the tilapia on each side for two to three minutes until they are just becoming a solid color.
7. Remove the tilapia from the oven and spread the prepared mixture over the fish.
8. Put the tilapia back in the oven and broil for another three to five minutes or until flaky and golden brown.
Baked Tilapia with Dill Sauce
This is another easy tilapia recipe that takes half an hour to make and serves four people. The ingredients needed are four tilapia fillets, salt and pepper, one tablespoon Cajun seasoning, one lemon, one quarter cup of mayonnaise, one half cup of sour cream, one-eighth of a teaspoon of garlic powder, one teaspoon of lemon juice, and two tablespoons of chopped dill.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a nine- by- thirteen inch baking dish.
2. Put the Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper on both sides of the fillets and place the tilapia on the baking dish.
3. Thinly slice a lemon and place about two slices on each fillet.
4. Put the fish in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until flaky.
5. The dill sauce can be prepared while the fillets are baking. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, lemon juice, and dill together. Serve with the fish.
Garlic Alfredo Tilapia
This recipe serves four and takes 25 minutes to make. The ingredients needed are: four tilapia fillets, two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of Creole seasoning, three tablespoons of butter, two minced garlic cloves, and one cup of Alfredo sauce.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Brush the fillets with olive oil and season with Creole seasoning.
3. Place the fillets in a nine-by-thirteen baking dish. Bake in the oven for ten minutes or until opaque and flaky.
4. While the fillets are baking, melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it is soft. Stir in the Alfredo sauce and let it simmer. Turn to low heat while the fish finishes baking. Pour over the fish to serve it.
Tilapia is not a complicated fish to cook. These easy tilapia recipes will make your cooking more sophisticated and everyone you are serving will love them.