I am proud to bring you the recipe of a classic kids' favorite with a twist - Chicken Nuggets. Chicken nuggets come close to pizza as being a universal kids' favorite food. I discovered the shocking secret that store or restaurant bought chicken nuggets contain only about 50% of chicken meat. You want to know what the other 50% is made of? Sure? Well the other 50% is made of such grisly leftovers after the chicken is harvested like fat, cartilage, bone, muscle, nerves and blood vessels!
This was as good a reason as any apart from the fact that my kids devour chicken nuggets and cannot seem to get enough of them. I tried a few different routes and this route that I took today yielded tremendous results. Take a look.
Boneless chicken (Chicken breast works best) cut into small cubes - 3 pounds
Corn Flour - 3-4 tbsp
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Black Pepper - 1 tsp
Egg - 1
Salt to Taste
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp (optional)
Red coloring (optional)
1. Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and pat them dry.
2. In a bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add chicken to the mixture and mix well. Make sure the cornflour coats all the chicken pieces.
4. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a pan enough to deep fry the chicken pieces.
6. Put the chicken pieces into the hot oil and deep fry them. Take care to drop the chicken pieces one by one so that they don't stick to one another.
7. Fry the chicken pieces well so that the coating becomes visibly crisper and the chicken pieces take on a golden hue.
8. Drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil
9. Serve with ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise.
Read more here about the grossness that goes into making of chicken nuggets at http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/10/07/chicken-nuggets-gross
There are many more recipes on my blog for kids. We have:
Fruit Pizza Recipe - Once again a classic pizza with a twist. Add fruits instead of what you usually add. Tasty and healthy!
Basmati Rice and Shrimp - A very exotic dish that will have the children drooling for more. Make them eat sea food without even realizing it.
Avocado Sandwich - A breakfast favorite that goes along with our tagline for our recipes for kids - Healthy and delicious.