Pages

Spring Mix Chicken Pizza

I like chicken pizza which isn't a traditional way of serving pizza but it is a healthier alternative. I don't eat pork and here lately, I have been reluctant to eat red meat. That only leaves me with chicken or fish and I don't think fish pizza would be very appetizing. People put anchovies on their pizza which I can't understand for the life of me.

I remember once my mother wanted to order anchovies on our pizza. I suggested she put it on half so I could eat my slices happily. She sat there sniffing her pizza and turning her nose up. I reminded her she shouldn't have done that especially as a first time and eating out. Half of the pizza went to waste because she said it was nasty and she tried to eat up my half of the pizza since she was starving.

Since my favorite food in the world is pizza, I will always have a new way to create pizza at home to share for any other pizza lovers like myself. There's so many ways to prepare it because of the many ingredients and ideas you can come up with. Luckily I went to the bread store and they were giving away free pizza crusts and I went home and came up with this recipe.

Ingredients

1 store-bought wheat pizza crust

1 tbsp olive oil

½ cup pizza sauce

1 boneless chicken breast grilled

2 cups spring mix (baby lettuce, endive, and radicchio)

1 cup shredded pizza blend

¼ cup parmesan cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat the oven. Wash the chicken breast and season with sea salt. Grill the meat on an indoor grill. Remove the meat and cut into chunks. Grab the wheat pizza crust and brush with olive oil. Spread the pizza sauce all over the crust. I used some homemade sauce that I had stored in the freezer. Store bought jar sauce will do the trick. The spring mix comes from a package bag of salad. I spread the greens over the sauce then I top them with the chicken chunks. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the pizza toppings. Top with a blend of pizza cheeses that comes in a package. In a 350 degree oven place the crust directly on the bottom rack and bake until the crust is golden brown about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into slices.